Experience a day in the life of a military significant other!
Curious about the lives of others in military relationships like you? Then read these stories by military significant others, girlfriends, fiancés, & spouses.
You'll get a glimpse into a day of their lives, their thoughts, and how they cope.
If you are interested in writing your own, "A Day in the Life" story, please scroll down below for more details.
Read the latest stories:A Day In the Life of a Working College Student and Navy Girlfriend By Lauren May 2, 2014
A Day in the Life of a Marine’s Girlfriend: How do You Handle not Living in the Same Country? By Honey April 9, 2013
A Day in the Life of an Army Wife: No Daily Routine By Jasmine September 14, 2012
A Day In the Life of a US Marine Fiancé By Erica September 12, 2012
A Day in the Life of a Navy Spec-ops Girlfriend By Shelby October 1, 2011
A Day In The Life Of Being In Love With A US Marine By Abby August 23, 2011
A Day in the Life of an Army Girlfriend: He calls me Stinky By Jessica May 23, 2011
A Day in the Life of an Army Girlfriend: Samantha's Story By Samantha April 11, 2011
A Day in the Life of Hillary: A College Student, Fierce Fashionista, Strong Christian, and Navy Girlfriend By Hillary November 12, 2010
A Day in the Life of Gunny's Girl By Vanessa May 24, 2010
A Day in the Life of an Army Fiancé: The Struggle to be Strong By Molly May 21, 2010
A Day in the Life of United States Naval Academy Girlfriend By Luisa May 21, 2010
A Day in the Life of an Army Wife: Missed Phone Calls and Bad Connections By Madeline January 30, 2010
A Day In the Life of a Deployed Man By Aaron November 13, 2009
A Day in the Life of a New Air Force Wife By Breanna July 10, 2009
A Day in the Life of a Marine Girlfriend: Brittney's Day of Checking Email By Brittney July 8, 2009
A Day in the Life of a USMC Wife By Carly July 8, 2009
A Day in the Life... A Pregnant Wife of a Deployed US Marine
By Paige July 8, 2009
A Day in the Life of an Army Wife: Honeymooning on Opposite Sides of the Earth By Jaclyn June 19, 2009
A Day in the Life of a West Point Girlfriend: The 500th Night
By Erica June 18, 2009
How to submit your own "A Day in the Life..." story
In order to have your story published, please follow the guidelines below:
- Has to be written in a story format from your perspective as a wife/girlfriend/boyfriend/husband. No choppy, incomplete sentences. Try to write it in present tense.
- Outline of story ideally should be:
1. Relationship bio and military history (stick to 1-2 paragraphs)
NOTE: The last 3 parts (Morning, Afternoon, and Night) should be the majority of your story.
- IMPORTANT! You must walk us through an actual day of your life. Don't just briefly summarize what you usually do everyday - it takes away from the story! Emily's story is a wonderful example.
- Be creative, talk candidly about your relationship, your thoughts, etc.
- Choose your own title. Titles must start with "A Day in the Life of..." But try to make your title unique and different from the other titles others have chosen.
- No length limit. Please no short, choppy stories.
Please read a couple of the stories that have already been published so you get an idea of what to do.
Email your story to email@example.com. You may include pictures with your story if you wish. Just attach them in the email.
Please note that not all stories will be published.