<< BACK 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 NEXT >>
91. Go out on a dateThis idea comes from one of our LFAD members, Bluestars:
Jared and I often have bookstore dates, where we both go to Books-a-Millions and look around. At places like that, the stores are arranged the same (if you live in the same country I guess), so you can tell each other where to find what you are looking at. Regardless of whether you are window shopping or buying the same thing, it is really fun because it almost seems as though your partner is really there!
We have done the same thing with Sonic. We both drive there and talk on our cell phones while we both eat a strawberry creme slush.
Coffee shop webcam dates ~ We did this for one date, and it was really fun. We usually only get on webcam at our houses, so being on it at a coffee shop made it seem more special than usual. Coffee shops have a really cool and laid-back vibe, and I had fun explaining to a random person that I was talking to my boyfriend who lives far away. My headset really came in handy.
92. Track the weatherI always wanted a way to compare the weather in Maine (where I live) with the weather in Massachusetts (where Frank lives). I searched up and down to find a widget or site that could do a side by side comparison of the current weather conditions. But it was to no avail and I gave up, and whenever I was curious about Frank's weather I would just have to look our forecasts up separately. I don't know why I like looking up his weather, but maybe it is because I'm not where he is and it just makes me feel an eensy weensy bit more connected.
But then on July 15, 2010 Weather.com updated their site with new features. And guess what!?! Right on their home page they have it set up so you can save 3 favorite locations so the current conditions for those locations will be there every time you visit weather.com (you don't even have to be logged on or anything! Just have cookies enabled). It also lets you give a nickname for each location, and as you can see below, I just put mine and Frank's names:
And guess what!? I reset my browser's home page to Weather.com :D
iGoogle.com also has a similar feature.
93. Grow together (pun intended)This idea comes from one of our loyal LFAD members, USA2Canada :D Thank you so much for the idea!
This could be a neat gift idea but it can also be something that you and your boyfriend/girlfriend can prepare together, AND it's pretty inexpensive :D
Supplies needed? 2 small flower pots, plant/flower seeds, soil, and water. Yes, you guessed it! As the title implies, you'll be growing a plant together :P If you want to do this as a gift, you could take an extra step and decorate a flower pot for your boyfriend/girlfriend. If you're doing this as a little project together, have fun deciding what plant/flower you both should plant. Make sure that the plants are planted on the SAME day - that way each of your plants have similar growth. You could even get a little competitive here and see who's grows the fastest/biggest, and who's plant lives the longest.
Just another thing you as a long distance couple can share and have fun with, despite the distance.
94. Send a TelegramSo you've been sending emails and/or letters since you've started this long distance relationship. Have you ever thought of sending a telegram? Of course not! People say love letters are old-fashioned, but telegrams? ANCIENT!
Telegramstop.com uses the technology of today to bring back to life an old relic of the past. They will print and mail your telegram and ship it anywhere in the world. You can choose to have sent immediately, or to have it sent some time in the future. There is also an option to include a photo with your telegram.
What's awesome is that the telegrams they send look authentic and timeworn. It will definitely be something your boyfriend/girlfriend will show off to their family and friends and cherish for a lifetime. It is an inexpensive service - sending a telegram costs + postage (worldwide) costs only $6.45 USD which is well worth it for a priceless keepsake.
I contacted TelegramStop and they offered us a coupon to give to our site visitors and LFAD members. If you use coupon code LFAD you'll get 10% off!
Special thanks to Emilie for suggesting this site.
95. Create a timeline and predict your future togetherThis next idea comes from Mia. Her and her boyfriend created a timeline together predicting and setting date goals of major life events including:
96. Make up your own "love" wordThis idea also comes from Mia :D Just another random activity to do together if you find yourself with nothing to do one night :)
We both made up our own words. We always complained that we were tired of using "I LOVE you" because we thought anybody could say that! So one day he went and made up his own word for me <3 He made his up a very simple way: He always said that we were very "mushy" when we talked to each other, and he said he really liked how "ga" sounded so his word was Mushaga. Nothing came to me when I tried to make up my own word his way so I searched online how to make up my own word, and almost every article said to use root words, prefixes, and suffixes. So I found a pretty good root word, prefix, and suffix list, and came up the Amist. Root word "Ami-" meaning "love" and suffix "-ist" meaning "one who believes in." So Amist basically means, "I believe in love" or "one who believes in love." I also liked how Amist was pretty close to "amistad" that means friendship in Spanish. Anyhoo, so now instead of the normal "I love you," he says, "I Mushaga You," and I say "I Amist You." :) - MiaTry out this site to find TONS of root words, prefixes, and suffixes and their meanings to create your very own "love" word that is the perfect fit for your relationship :D
97. Create your dream homeRecently, Frank and I had lots of fun talking about our dream home. How big it would be, how many rooms it would have, what the floor plan might be like, what the exterior would look like, etc...
I was still daydreaming the day after we talked and I thought how nice it would be to not just imagine but actually be able to envision our plans! I found this free open source program that lets you create your 3D design model of a house - furnishings included!
You may either use their online version or download their free version.
Check out Sweet Home 3D
Now you can create your plans together. Or you could even both try to come up with your own individual plans. Are they alike or extremely different? Whose is better?
Hope you all have as much fun with this as Frank and I are! :)
98. Watch YouTube together in synchrony!SynchTube is an awesome website that lets you create a room in which you can watch YouTube videos simultaneously with up to 50 people. You can make a room private however, and use it for just you and your boyfriend/girlfriend :) Thank you Lunar Snow for the suggestion! :D
99. The Daily Panty UpdateSo you've probably subscribed to receive text message updates in the past. For an example, Frank gets text message updates sent to his phone for every inning of a Red Sox game. :P
This fun idea comes from Debby. She came up with her own daily text message updates...
"Just for fun - I send a DPU text each day. That is a Daily Panty Update; what my panties look like - an explanation of the colors and designs on them each day. I enjoy sending and my SO enjoys getting the messages."
This will be sure to make your significant other smile as long as you change your undies every day. :P
100. Exercise TogetherHere's another one of those "ordinary" activities that some same-city couples do together that long distance couples probably don't imagine being able to do because of the distance.
Frank and I closed the distance July 2011 and we recently started working out together. We have a little hour routine we do before supper about 3 days a week. We do a half hour of cardio, and another half hour of conditioning. It's lots of fun! Frank and I get competitive and try to outlast each other in the tougher workouts and we usually get a good laugh. I wish we had done it sooner (we feel healthier and more energized) and it is a great (different) way to spend time together. I never imagined it to be possible while dating long distance.
But it IS possible! If you already have movie date nights (idea #1 on this list), then you can definitely exercise together because it's (almost) just as easy. Just set up your laptops in your respective living rooms (or wherever you have enough room to workout), turn on the webcam, and start playing the same workout video simultaneously (you not only get to follow along with the trainer on your screen, but along with your boyfriend/girlfriend as well!).
You don't even need to own the same workout DVD. There are plenty of free full exercise routine videos online on Youtube as well as on other websites (just google). Also, if you already have Netflix or Hulu, they each have a small collection of workout videos available for online streaming.
Remember, you can't let distance define your relationship! There is almost always a creative way for long distance couples to do an activity that typically only non-distant couples do.
Say I Love You Pillowcases
Let your pillow talk be your pillow talk with these "Say I Love You" pillowcases.
Whether you are together or a distance apart, they are perfect for reminding you both to say I love you each and every night and each and every day.
Pillowcases (set of 2). No pillows included. Free gift message card. Gift wrapping is available on this item.
BoldLoft's signature series, Boy Meets Girl, featuring heartwarming images of perfect pairs, brings the complex joy of everyday love to life. Selections include couple pillowcases, body pillow cases, and his and hers coffee mugs. Boy Meets Girl gifts are perfect for occasions like wedding, anniversary, and Valentine's Day. Whether you are miles apart or living together, Boy Meets Girl gifts show that special someone how much you care about being a pair.