<< BACK 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 NEXT >>
21. Create an email time capsule!Write an email to yourself and your boyfriend/girlfriend to be sent in the future. By using this website: FutureMe.org. This is something you can do for them or something that you can do together. Write about how much you love them. Include maybe some recent things you have done and fond memories you have now that you may not remember in x amount of years. Maybe include current problems in your relationship, so when you receive the email in the future, you can see if you still have the same issues you did back then or be pleased that you've made it through some hard times in your relationship. You choose when it gets delivered. How neat would it be to send it on your anniversary?? :) This website lets you send it all the way until 2037! FutureMe.org. To send an email to another person besides yourself you just have to register. It's free.
22. Take an online compatibility test.SimilarMinds.com offers a compatibility test that you can take with one or more people. Fill out the form and they will send an email to whom you choose so they can take the test. Once you have both completed the test, you'll get an email that tells you your results. Want to know our results? Frank and I are 75% similar and 81% complementary. I hope that's good!
23. Make them cookies :)It's always nice to receive things in the mail, especially when they're edible. I've baked cookies for Frank a couple times and he loved it. A website I always use is AllRecipes.com. You can never go wrong with their 5-star recipes! Just make sure that when you send them, that they'll get to their destination within 2 days, if not overnight.
24. Share an online calendar.Keep your relationship on track by sharing an online calendar. Keep track of visits, plan times to talk on the phone, and mark days that you will be busy and unavailable to your partner. Sharing a calendar can help you both know what's happening and know what to expect in advance. I suggest using Famundo.com! Also try Google Calendar.
25. Send a drawing or handwritten message by email.I just discovered this site, and love it! Try out Try out Handwritten & Mailwriter. "Handwritten is a tool that can record the motions of your mouse-pointer while you write/draw a message/picture. This message can then be sent to anybody by email - the email contains a link that leads to another applet that draws the message before the eyes of the recipient."
"With Mailwriter, you can write and mail handwritten messages. The mail that the recipient receives will contain a link to a site where the message will actually be "handwritten" in an animation. There are lots of special symbols, different colors, font-sizes, word-wrap and much more!"
26. Go on a virtual vacation together.You can visit faraway places with your partner without having to be together and without leaving your own homes! Pick the places you've always wanted to take a trip to and explore. Here is a great website to get you started! 360Cities.net: "All our city sites are produced by experienced and dedicated VR photographers around the world who are committed to high professional standards and use the latest VR techniques. Click on any image from our many city site homepages and your browser will open a full, 360-degree panorama visualization of a street scene, museum, neighborhood, restaurant, bar, hotel and more. In the side bar you'll see a thumbnail list of nearby locations. Start clicking and take a virtual tour through the area."
Another semi-related idea? You can use Google Maps for your virtual vacation as well, but now with Google Maps' street view function, you can virtually walk down your boyfriend/girlfriend's street and explore the area where they live. This function isn't available for all streets and cities though, but you'll probably most definitely be able to see a satellite view of their home.
Also try out EarthAlbum.com which combines Flickr photos and Google Maps. Just click on any place in the world to view beautiful photos taken there.
27. Truth or Dare?I thought this was such a great idea when someone mentioned they play this game with their long distance boyfriend: "I find that playing games over the phone keep things interesting and fun. We played truth or dare just last night and we both just collapse in laughter at the dares and the truths." This would also be great to play on webcam as well. Need help coming up with Truths and Dares? Here's a website where you can choose from G rated to X rated truths and dares, and they even have a couple's question category that you can select: TorDol.com
28. Surf the web together.This is something you've probably already done if you both have the internet, but here's a way to make it better. "StumbleUpon discovers web sites based on your interests. Whether it's a web page, photo or video, our personalized recommendation engine learns what you like, and brings you more." Frank and I have spent all night clicking the stumble button and sharing our funniest most interesting finds. Trust me, you'll get addicted.
29. Make something.Homemade gifts are the best! Not only will your boyfriend/girlfriend love that you put in the effort and time to make something for them, but you can also have a lot of fun making something. Both Frank and I will once in a while express our creative sides and make homemade gifts for each other. Frank actually hand-stitched a stuffed animal for me (he had never touched a needle and thread before) and I've painted a picture of a cover of one of his all-time favorite albums. LovingYou.com has some ideas to get you started.
30. Watch them walk by :PI once got Frank to walk by a public live webcam at his college. He trekked across campus just so I could see him walk by. It was awesome :) I am so easily amused! If you go to college, many campuses have live public webcams. Search your school's website. Want to find other live public webcams? Here's a site where you can search for public webcams: OnlineCamera.com
Advance to the next page to see more long distance relationship activities and ideas!
We are connected...wherever you are Pillowcases